Saturday 1 October 2011

Memory of My Friend

This is a very touching moment that involve myself and my friend shahrukh. I am sharing with you today.My Heart is filled with emotions and compassion as I share with you one of my life's very touching moment. This is when I was 8 years Old. I was a very Good child. I never used to disturb anybody or ask for anything from my parents that i knew they could not afford. This was one of those summer days, when we had summer holidays.

makar sakranti


Months from March to July are summer holidays in India. This is also the season of flying Kites. So every child in the evening with their flying kite's and threads (Manjha in hindi) would go on terrace or in the grounds to fly the kites.

On one vacation evening i didn't had any kite to fly.  It's not that I didn't had the money to buy a kite, but i always enjoyed flying kites of other people which will fell on the terrace. On that day I couldn't find any free kite on the roof  and was sitting sad, as all other kids were having a great time flying their colorful kites, until I saw a kite dropping on the old post office roof. I decided to climb up the post office, but that day was holiday as it was a festival of makar sakranti in India, yet I went ahead to get the kite.

Shahrukh was my best friend and he promised me that he will do anything for me when the time comes. So I decided that let me test the friendship today. I knew that the post office building was old, and particularly the balcony from where we can climb up to get the kite. But I ignored that fact, and decided to ask sharukh to go through balcony and get me the kite.

Sharukh was happy that I was asking  him to do some favor. He proceeded with smile on his face. As soon as he tried to hang by the railing of the balcony, the whole thing fell down, and so did sharukh. He got injured and was crying. I was very upset. All of a sudden I saw smoke and fire. It was sharukh's house, a  cooking gas cylinder, whose rates are getting very high by the day, went off.

I realized that I have, unintentionally, saved the life of sharukh. i could have lost him that day. But today, although he fractured his left hand, he is alive. That is the moment of my life which is difficult for me to forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment