Saturday 7 September 2013

When She Does the Gardening

One of the better moments of life arrive every morning. In cool atmosphere of early morning, dawn time, my mom wakes up and does the gardening. The water supply from the nearby water works department is also in the morning, so she doesn't want to miss out an opportunity to water the grass and plants to keep them green.

home and garden



The best thing about this routine of mom is that she is happy doing it, as the day progresses she becomes angry sometimes, but I love her in that mood. Me and my dad are also happy with this activity of her, since it will be good for her own health apart from the health of trees and plant's. Although I must confess that sometimes I get a bit annoyed with all the sounds that gardening tools make, especially when I am asleep and watching beautiful dreams.

As we woke up, me and dad, my mom starts to concentrate more on kitchen preparing tea for us. She looks energetic and there is a beautiful smile on her face. It is the sort of moment that I miss most, especially when I am away on an official tour.

Before her marriage she used to live in houses with vast acres of fertile land. Those were cement company quarters that were allotted to company employees, and my grandfather happened to be one of the worker's of the cement company.Even today, when I visit my grandmother's place, there are big trees, trees of neem, trees of mango, and trees of berries, and many other variety of trees and plants. The whole place is sweet scented with fragrance of flowers. Since it is a small town there is nothing much to do. Children play sports and go to school, the women take care of  home, while the adults go to cement company for making cement. It is natural to develop an interest for gardening in a place like this. That is how I guess my mother developed interest for gardening.

One thing I have noticed that she is so emotionally attached to the plants, especially the young one's. If they die soon or someone damage them, she gets very upset and sad. It is as if it was a human child. Also when she is away the plants go brown from green. I think plants also understand that she is the mother who takes care of them.

It is one of the better moments which I would like to keep coming my way till I am alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment